Student & Young Adult Coaching
A Life + ADHD Coach helps you reach the goals you choose.
Coaching is about asking curious questions without judgment, a voice who reflects & seeks to understand, compassionate when life seems to be at its worst, real and objective (without drama and emotional turmoil), and honors you and your identity.
For Young Adults—
Your Time is Now!
Young adulthood may bring unwanted stress, sleepless nights, or personal, financial, and academic dilemmas. You may be living at home and dreaming of the day you will be free to be on your own.
The transition period between adolescence and emerging adulthood comes with new freedoms and responsibilities.
Your parents may want you out of the house, but you are without the resources to make the move into adulthood.
In coaching, we will work on the 'how to adult' skills you want to gain to move you forward.
Parents, give your young adult the freedom to figure life out with a coach who works with them to learn how their brain works and build their skills of taking on adult responsibilities.
What will we talk about in Student Coaching?
1. Stress—either from teachers, parents, organizations/sports, college choices or friends.
2. How my brain works with ADHD; how I think and act.
3. What I want to achieve, my goals, and how I plan to get there.
4. What are my challenges with ADHD at home, in school, extra-curricular activities, friendships, free time, my room, and chores.
5. How to tolerate doing something that seemingly has little immediate value (all the boring stuff).
6. How to turn on attention to learn rather than relearn everything at home, or give up.
7. Start and finish chores, assignments, or projects while having time for me and my friends or interests.
8. Strengths and passions—what motivates.
9. Values and my personal 'why'.
10. The strategies I will experiment with, how I want to be held accountable, who will support me in my plan, and how I want to be supported.